nVista HD System Package Includes
Miniature, Integrated Fluorescence Microscope
All specifications are approximate.
|Miniature Microscope Specifications
|Dimensions (W x L x H)
||11 mm x 14 mm x 20 mm
||475/10 nm (blue)
||535/50 nm (green)
|Integrated High-Definition Camera Specifications
|Maximum field of view
1440 pixels x 1080 pixels
900 μm x 650 μm
30 fps* at full field of view
The data acquisition hardware is built to seamlessly integrate with current behavioral assays. With a size and weight equivalent to two decks of cards, it is easy to set up in any laboratory environment.
- Stream HD videos in real time
- Sync and trigger functionality to pair with external behavioral recording
- Compact, durable, and portable
Data Acquisition Software
We have focused on user experience from the beginning, especially when designing our software. The first version of the acquisition software was built with simplicity in mind. In the updated V2.0, we are keeping that simplicity and adding powerful features that help reduce experiment set-up and screening times.
- Easily set up and use the nVista HD.
- Pre-screen your animals with streaming ΔF/F and live time-traces of select regions of interest.
- Automate experiments with customizable recording schedules.
- Keep track of your experiment with automated system logs and timestamped note taking.
DATA ANALYSIS SUITE: MOSAIC BETA
Cutting edge data requires cutting edge data analysis tools. MosaicTM beta is a modular data analysis suite which enables you to process images and movies of large-scale neural activity imaging data. Apply spatial and temporal downsampling to speed up data processing, as well as these powerful features:
- Watch and edit your recordings.
- Apply spatial and temporal downsampling to speed up data processing.
- Crop, concatenate, trim, export, and save data.
- Correct for the effects of motion in the brain during imaging.
- Calculate the relative change in fluorescence.
nVista HD Support
Our clients are pushing the boundaries of neuroscience, performing important research that advances our collective understanding of the inner workings of the brain. At Inscopix, we are dedicated to supporting our clients, answering their questions, and preparing materials that will accelerate their discoveries.
nVista HD Support Program
- Priority technical and scientific support via phone and email
- Access to Online Support Center for technical and application support resources
One-Year Manufacturing Warranty
- Covering all parts and labor for any manufacturing-related defect
- Rapid turnaround on repairs
- Free shipping to and from Inscopix
Online Support Center
As part of our aim to provide the best customer service possible to our user community, we have prepared an online repository of documents, application notes, and video tutorials focused on the nVista HD system, analysis software, and applications. Here you will find comprehensive user guides, application notes on system operations and maintenance, detailed protocols outlining experimental techniques, (e.g. installation of the cannula lens, and setting up the system in vivo). This online repository is ever growing as we improve and expand software and application techniques and receive feedback from our users.
Inscopix Care is a unique warranty and support program that provides extensive warranty coverage, value-add scientific support, and exclusive access to discounted hardware and software upgrades. This unparalleled support and warranty program ensures minimal downtime between experiments, safeguards against unexpected maintenance costs, and helps pave a path toward quality, reproducible data sets.
Your one year subscription to Inscopix Care will include:
- Free repairs and/or replacements for any hardware damage, whether caused by user, animal, or unknown.
- In-depth technical and application sciencey support, including continued access to all nVista HD Support.
- Priority access to new products and special pricing.
Sample Experiment Workflow
Time to Imaging: 3—5 Weeks
1. Introduce Indicator
Introduce indicators of cellular activity to populations of interest using viral and/or transgenic technologies.
2. Enable Optical Access
Surgically position endoscope directly above labeled cells.
3. Install nVista HD
Position the nVista system microscope above the endoscope. Fine-tune the alignment to optimize image quality and preserve it by affixing the system baseplate to the skull.
4. Perform Imaging Experiments
Stream HD videos of large-scale neural circuit activity from freely behaving rodents.